Visit Open-E website

Thread: WARNING: Low space! ( < 2 MB )

Default WARNING: Low space! ( < 2 MB )

Hello,

I countinously receive this alert message :

WARNING: Low space! ( < 2 MB ). Please contact with the support.

Even when I reboot the server, I directly have this error without any file tranfer.

Any idea ??

Thank you in advance

Axel

I'm running dss-lite with 2*500WD RE Disk, intel PIV 3.0Ghz CPU, 1Gb RAM, Gigabit Eth

What is the status of your logical volume??? Do you have any issues with your USB pen??? Can you check it???

LV's

Name, Size (GB), Used (GB), Free (GB), Usage
    lv0000, 460.59, 268.17, 192.42, 58.2%
    lv0100, 460.59, 0.13, 460.47, 0.0%

My USB pen is a 512MB, I will check the space ...

Result : used space 249MB Free Space 228MB

I don't have any issue with this pen

Help ...

Anyone...

mmm...

Remove the logs fromt he GUI... that will be in the hardware tab...

Also, try to add additional Gig of RAM...

Default Same Problem

Quote Originally Posted by masim
    mmm...

Remove the logs fromt he GUI... that will be in the hardware tab...

Also, try to add additional Gig of RAM...
    System:WARNING: Low space! ( < 2 MB ). Please contact with the support

We're in the same boat here. We have 1 GB ram on our NAS server using DSS Lite. We removed the logs from the GUI rebooted the system and sure enough 20 mins later we had the same error message. As an addition, we were having a lot of error messages concerning virii alerts, after disabling the virus scanner we started getting the 2 MB or less messages.

We have 2 volumes, 1 has 160+ GB free the other has 13+ GB free. Memory doesn't seem to be an issue, of the 1 GB 300 MB was in use 640 MB was system cache and the remaining 60 MBs or so indicated it was free mem.

What memory does this error message refer to? The USB DOM is a 2 GB, we have 1 GB RAM, and tons of available disk space.

Any help would be great...

Exclamation Caveat

Just FYI folks.

Unless you have put the new RAM in your NAS. Don't delete the logs and restart.
    Causes bad network issues. Re: http://forum.open-e.com/showthread.php?t=1026

After my colleague restored the DOM from a backup he tried deleting the logs and rebooting. NO NETWORK. The network controllers failed to initialize. They're still there...just don't work. We restored the DOM from backup threw an extra 512Mb of RAM in the NAS. Et voila! Working again. We have another 512Mb on order, and with 2 GB hopefully won't have any more issues.

How much free space do you have on your disks?

Red face Fingers Crossed

Quote Originally Posted by symm
    How much free space do you have on your disks?
    Well, we have 500 Gigabytes of Disk space. Only 300 GB are partitioned ATM, the problem was fixed when we upped the RAM in the system to 2 GB, and restored the USB DOM from a previous backup. Of the two volumes on the partition, one has 160GB remaining, the other has 13GB.

Hopefully it keeps running