Visit Open-E website

Thread: FTP password lenght

Post FTP password lenght

Hello,

Today i created my first FTP account, following the procedure, creating a dedicated share, a specific user, activating SFTP, donwloading FileZilla client, configuring the connexion with SSL and explicit encryption, but... nothing, FileZilla got message "Login incorrect" !

Going to the "ftp.log" logfile, and see : Incorrect password !!

I then retype the password in the client, but no way, so i reset the password of my FTP user for a simplest one : "toto", and it works with "toto".

Finally, i think guys that you have a problem with the lenght of the passwords, i set 2 differents passwords of 10 characters long (only letters), and it simply do not work... 8 characters is OK, but not 10 !

I am using NAS XSR Entreprise version 3.08.XE00000000.2145.

Am i right ?
    And did the 3.10 release correct this bug ?
    ---
    Thanks a lot

Again thank you for pointing this out. We will fix this issue in next release. Please be patient as we will work on these issues. Please check often for this new release (should be shortly) - no time table is defined.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Hi,

The latest update number 3.10 (Don't know why there is two 3.10 update wich is very confusing) "Update ver. 3.10 build 2364" fix this issue, even if it isn't clearly listed in the very small changelog.
    A 14 characters long password works now.

Bye.
    ---
    Mathieu

Mathieu,

The reason for the 2 update numbers of 3.10 is based on the builds like in previous builds of 3.05 and again sorry for the long wait on the fix.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube