Visit Open-E website

Thread: Upgrade & reboot - lost all network!

Exclamation Upgrade & reboot - lost all network!

System was running degraded. Unable to manage HW/Raid as it was LSI megaraid - so upgraded to latest release which claims to fix this. Applied update, rebooted - that was 30 mins ago and no sign of the unit on the network any more ...

... any ideas??

Thanks
    brancusi

Try going into the Console screen then enter CTRL ALT X then select default VG (option 2)to see if it is there. If it is not verify if the system is seeing the LSI by entering CTRL ALT H if you do not see it try reseating the RAID controller on the motherboard then reboot. If you are not able to see it in the Volume Manager try a "Rescan" and or go back to previous version from the Main. Software Update (I do not know what caused the degrade from the RAID so I have no idea as to why you are upgrading). If all does not work download logs so engineers can review the system for the LSI and or enable the Remote Support function in CRTL ALT X for the next business day.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Thanks Todd.

The problem is the unit is in a remote datacentre and isn't responding to any network access at all. Engineers on site have power cycled the unit ,but still the same. The switch it is connected to is reporting both NIC ports down, but on site the engineers say the NIC has OK status lights. They only seem to have DVI monitors available for support and the unit has VGA - and they have no adaptors :-( So it looks like we need to wait for our own engineers to attend Monday AM.

The reason for the upgrade was;

1) The unit emailed me to say;

2008/04/26 04:59:31 MR_MONITOR:<MRMON251> Controller ID: 0 VD is now DEGRADED VD0

2) The next email was;

2008/04/26 04:59:31 :n

(Not the most helpful status email I've had)

3) We have no ability to manage the RAID from the GUI, only the LSI MEGARAID CLI tool which is next to useless unless you have a degree in astrophysics. I saw that the new update includes GUI support for LSI raid cards so I thought by doing the upgrade, I could at least then find out which disk was faulty in order to initiate a swap out and rebuild.

Now the unit is non-functional :-(

Thanks for the assistance at a w/end ... hopefully once someone gets to it on Monday (the chap who is going built it in the first place) we'll get somewhere.

I know what you mean about the LSI issue needing a masters degree just to use the CLI, many have complained about this as well. It looks as though the NIC's reverted back to default 192.168.0.220. I wish I had more information to help but looks as though you are right on waiting until your guy gets there.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube