Visit Open-E website

Thread: Can't connect to NAS with Backup Exec 12

Default Can't connect to NAS with Backup Exec 12

It doesn't seem that Backup Exec 12 can connect to the current veritas backup agent on DSS. When I expand the Linux/Unix Server the NAS doesn't appear as a selection. When I browse through the windows systems it doesn't show the icon that represents a machine with an agent either. I select the share through the windows network, and test the login credentials from Backupexec I get the error - Failure: The Backup Exec remote agent for Windows systems is not installed on the remote computer, or is not running, or is not the correct version. Any help?

dsherrill

They support backup exec up to version 10
    check out the web page
    http://www.open-e.com/data_storage_s...nufact=Veritas

Default Terrible throughput

I got this from tech support and tried it

We discovered that the following setting worked with Symantec Backup Exec 11d

• We configured the NAS in Windows (PDC)
    • The Backup agent was set to none. When enabled we ran in to problems backing up data on the NAS.
    • Not sure if this is required but we made the Backup Exec service account a superuser
    • We configured the Backup Exec service account full access to the share that needs to be backed-up.

On the backup server:
    • We used the Backup Selection option
    • We Browsed the Domain
    • We Browsed from the Domain to the NAS server
    • We Browsed on the NAS to the share
    • We created several data backup sets to create policies and jobs
    • We found that for this NAS we had to select :
    “Allow use of any available network interface, subnet, or protocol for remote agenets not bound to the above network interface, subnet, or protocol.”

It can attach and backup now, but I'm getting 100 MB a minute throughput. I have the 2 nicks bonded for 2 GB bandwidth. Backups that write to the NAS run around 500MB to 1GB per minute.

For the rate you have make sure you set the traffec seetings right...

There is a setting job properties... It allows the user to set a percentage of network traffic volume to use, or some similar terminology. If you enabled it by accident, you may have throttled yourself down as a result.

R u backing up remotely???

Default How to backup to BackUp Exec 12 then ?

Hi,

so I've read backup exec is no longer supported, but there has to be a way to backup to files on my DSS anyhow, right ?

I've tried using the built-in Veritas agent, but that failed ...

Looking forward for a solid solution ...

Did you try Dsherrill's procedure ?

With DSS V6 up 50 build 4786 , it is updated to support:

Backup Exec Agent ver. 13.0 (support for Symantec Backup Exec 2010 R2)