Visit Open-E website

Thread: FTP resume function

Question FTP resume function

Hello,

I am making some testing for FTP resume functionnality this morning, and i see that it is not implemented !?!

I've got some partners who have 3-4 DVD's to upload to our NAS server, so if the transfer fail, i'd like the upload of big files not to restart from scratch.
    From my testing, when the FTP client sends the "REST X" FTP command, the server replies like if it can handle the resume functionnality, but it is not the case in real resuming, the FTP server tells that it cannot understand the "APPE" command...

I'm a bit frightened... is it a choice or a mistake, did you choose not to implement it, or did you simply forget to activate the resume parameter ?
    Sincerely, i'd like the entreprise edition to support such a trivial FTP server feature, in boths upload and download ways.

Have a nice day.
    ---
    Mathieu

We will fix this issue in next release. Please be patient as we will work on these issues. Please check often for this new release (should be shortly) - no time table is defined.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Angry

Hello,

This issue declared in version 3.08 (October 2006) is still active in the second edition of version 3.10 (January 2007).
    In year 2007 i think that on entreprise grade products, an FTP server MUST have resume fonction activated for many reasons :
    • It is just a parameter in a proftpd config file
    • It is the most useful feature of an FTP server
    • It is an entreprise feature where you can't lost the time you spent transfering 40Go during hours because of a temporary network failure
    • The issue was declared 1 update ago and more than 2 month ago.

We are speaking here of a code of practice... so please, give "NAS-XSR" Entreprise version real entreprise grade features.
    Thanks a lot,
    ---
    Mathieu

Wink

Mathieu,

We have seen your emails in support and on the forums so you have been heard and we are listening to you. Please be patient as we are in a major development with some new products that are being sold in huge quantities internationally, this overnight growth and success has been consuming and I wanted to let you know that we do understand your thoughts.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"

Talking

Hi,

Nice, i'm glad to know i've been heard and understood...
    What's most disapointing for me is the fact that you and the whole support team i've been in contact with is really efficient, cordial and accurate, on the other side there is a lack on some features to make NAS-XSR Entreprise a really simple and great product.
    I hope those issues will be corrected soon cause working without UPS is frightening.

Thanks,
    ---
    Mathieu

Thanks! I agree with you totally. Hopefully we can get this fixed in XSR & R-3 as well in Q1.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"