Visit Open-E website

Thread: DSS and another UPS than APC & MGE

Default DSS and another UPS than APC & MGE

Hi all!

Can I use another UPS than APC & MGE and shutdown DSS t reception of the message on a small charge of the battery?

Look at nut ( Network UPS tools ) and if your UPS is supported with smart functionnality ( like battery charge ) you should be able to use it with Open-E but if I rebember correctly there is no other UPS than APC and MGE that are fully supported with advance functionality.

Keven

http://eu1.networkupstools.org/

I UPS (PowerWare) in the list of compatible devices, but smart functionnality works incorrectly. As soon as I connect UPS to COM to port a server informs that batteries are unloaded and is disconnected. Whether support UPS Powerware will be carried out?

Angry

We have APC UPSes (supported Model).

But after the ups is connected for several days strange things happen.

If you click an Status - Devices you dont get a status but the GUI freezes for several minutes.

We have several storages with that constellation and it is all the same.

open-e says there is no problem but we have it.

I already regret that we didnt get EQUALLOGIC instead!!!!

Conclusion: TRY and good luck.

DerFux,

Can you send an email to support@open-e.com and provide the UPS model and cable that you are using. Send the ticket number from your previous correspondence from support and provide logs as well. Engineers have seen this link so we would like to review the case and resolve this problem that you are having.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube