Visit Open-E website

Thread: Advanced Channel Bonding

Default Advanced Channel Bonding

I am setting up open-e for a client and I have a question about channel bonding.
    I am trying to create a network setup that is resillient against any single point of failure with a connection speed of 2gb/sec to the open-e server (1gb to each server is plenty).
    I have an Intel 4-port gigE nic in the open-e box and an Intel 2-port gigE nic in each server.
    I also have two managed gigabit ethernet switches which support 802.3ad (trunking).

My goal is to connect eth0 from each server to switchA and eth1 from each server to switchB. This is simple enough and will achieve the redundant aspect of the design.
    Where I am running into a bit of a roadblock is the 2gb/sec requirement.
    It seems like it should be possible to connect *two* nics from the open-e machine to *each* switch so that they are capable of doing 2gb/sec to each switch, and also redundant against a switch failure (similar to how raid10 works with hard drives...) but I am having trouble finding documentation on how to accomplish this.
    Can anyone tell me if this is possible and, specifically, which modes of bonding to use on the open-e side and also the server side?
    Have I overlooked any potential problems with this setup, or will this achieve the double speed, double redundancy goal as I expect?

Thank you in advance

For visual reference, this is what I envision the setup would look like:

As for bonding on the DSS side, I would use broadcast

If every packet that needs to be sent from the DSS is broadcast out of all nics, I believe that would limit me to 1 gb/sec.... I am aiming for 2gb/sec.
    Am I missing something about broadcast?