Visit Open-E website

Thread: no webinterface available

Default no webinterface available

dear folks,

download, installation and boot from usb disk no problem.

the ip adress is available (ping) and connect via browser, but after commit the zertificate
    the screen is blank (white) on the browser.

tested os is suse sles 9 with mozilla, xp with mozilla and ie, windows 2003 srv with ie.

no success to login!

any ideas?

Wolfes

from the console try resetting the time and the IP address

resetting time and ip adresse are not resolving the problem!

Was your thumb drive formatted to fat 32
    I would try reinstalling dss lite on to the thumb drive

yes, the usb disk was formatted fat32 before installation.
    i think this is not the problem, DSS booted to the welcome screen without errors.

today i install DSS LITE new on the usb disk and tested (boot) on an other pc and laptop.

its relay the same problem.
    when next week my new usb drive was deliver i tested the beta software again.

Wolfes

Default Relay Beta Software

today i installation new the DSS Lite on a new usb stick.

the same problem! there is no way!

i tested on different usb disk and usb stick, on different host plattforms: desktop pc, laptops and server hardware IBM and HP.
    also tested with diffent clients like XP, linux and windows 2000 and different browsers IE, mozilla and firefox.

on the other hand the software is running, reading this forum there are enough other problems.

i think it is better to test a other software before i lose more time again.

Wolfgang

Default P4

I had this problem too.. and I had a DSS lite running since FEB already, and when I tried to make a second machine with DSS lite, it didn't work.

Here's what my problem was = I tried to use DSS Lite on a P3.

I took the DOM I was using and put it in a working machine that was a e4500, came right up and everything worked perfectly.
    So I hunted up a different server here, one with a dual core Xeon (which is P4 type era if you will) and that came up first time.
    Oddly enough, the machine I purchased back in FEB was also a dual core xeon.

The requirements too say P4... so I'm not sure what you're using, but the P3 was my problem.

Good Luck!