Visit Open-E website

Thread: install question

Default install question

We have purchased 2 iscsi enterprise ide modules for testing, all works great however we want to use different hardware for the live system but these servers do not have ide or are not usb bootable.

Is there a way that we can image a scsi system disk with our open-e software licences?

Thanks

Please visit our WebPage and download the ISO image of the DemoCD. All you need is a CD-ROM drive, no need for and IDE or USB port. Demo-CD has a 30 day life.

http://open-e.com/data_storage_solut...l_cd_downloads
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Hi To-M downloading the cd demo is of little use as we have already purchased the iscsi modules but want to use them in different hardware now

Gavin

Can a full version be copied to cd-rom to run from that instead of DOM or USB as that will solve our problem

Gavin

You can not copy from the iSCSI Enterprise DOM it is encrypted, it will not work. This is why I have recommended the DEMO-CD. From your message you are stating that you do not have any USB or IDE ports available or DOMs, so you can not copy the iSCSI Enterprise DOM. The only way to do this is to use the Demo-CD.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"

Hi To-M thanks for your help however I am getting confused, Let me clarify that we have 2 x OPen-E iSCSI Enterprise DOM's in our test servers. Our new hardware which we want to use for our live servers has no support for IDE, USB Bootable so we can not use our Open-e modules in them.

If I use the demo cd it is only valid for 30 Days, are you saying we can get around that problem?

Thanks for your help

Gavin

I understand now, You currently have 2 iSCSI Enterprise servers working properly but now you have new hardware that does not have an IDE socket but it has a USB header on the motherboard. If the motherboard can boot from USB then you can purchase a USB iSCSI Enterprise part # 1505 from one of our distributors. To contact our distributors in your region please go to this link.

http://www.open-e.com/data_storage_s...gr=distributor
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"