Visit Open-E website

Thread: Intel SRCSAS144E and email notifications on degraded disks

Default Intel SRCSAS144E and email notifications on degraded disks

Hello,

Perhaps you experts can help us out. We are running DSS with one of the Intel Storage servers. We have an SRCSAS144E RAID controller and would like to get email notifications when a drive fails.

We have gone into the console (C-A-W) and enabled the RAID monitoring and it looks like SMART is enabled too. But for whatever reason, the open-e box shows SMART as disabled in the web gui and we cannot log into the web ui for the RAID card either. The passwords we try do not work (raid, raidview).

Anyone else encounter this? Your help is appreciated.

thanks kindly,

Sasha Kipervarg
    MokaFive
    Redwood City, CA

what is your RA card Model??

meant to say RAID

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSAN
    meant to say RAID
    It is the Intel SRCSAS144E card: http://www.intel.com/design/servers/...144e/index.htm

We have a Intel SSR212MCR Storage Server.

Quote Originally Posted by skipervarg
    It is the Intel SRCSAS144E card: http://www.intel.com/design/servers/...144e/index.htm

We have a Intel SSR212MCR Storage Server.
    link fixed: http://www.intel.com/design/servers/...144e/index.htm

Question

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSAN
    meant to say RAID
    So we updated Open-E from Version 5.0.DB39000000.2956 (this came with our USB stick) to version 5.0.DB42000000.3007 and upon reboot, we are able to see the RAID card info listed under the H/W Raid tab. It shows the disks and their status.

I setup the notification options in Open-E and they tested ok - I received a test email, but when I tried pulling out a drive to see what would happen, the event shows up in the Open-E console as an error immediately, but I did not get an email notification.

I rebooted the box after about 20 minutes and after the reboot, I did get some notification emails.

How can we make this work as expected (RAID is degraded--->email is sent immediately).

thanks kindly, Sasha

update to version 46 then test it one more time..

does your card have SMART feature? Can you get the e-mails from your card??

Quote Originally Posted by masim
    update to version 46 then test it one more time..

does your card have SMART feature? Can you get the e-mails from your card??
    ok, I updated to the latest rev (46) and the Open-E box emailed me successfully when I pulled a drive from the system.

Our card has the SMART feature, we have it enabled in the Open-E console (at the server), but when I log into the Open-E webui, it tells me SMART is disabled.

Go to Console screen then CRTL + ALT + W then Functionality options - enable the SMART and your good to go.
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube