Visit Open-E website

Thread: NTFS Permision - problem

Angry NTFS Permision - problem

Hello,

We connected our NAS to Win 2003 domain. We went to configuration->NAS Settings and in Authentication method we choose Windows (ADS). Then we entered password and other fields, pressed apply and all users and group from AD was imported. After this, we set permision to our share on NAS. Everything was OK. Some users had access to their files, and some didn't. Next, we go to configuration->NAS Setting, entered password and pressed apply. Then all permision on share were changed. Groups which had access to files cann't get to them, but some other people which before didn't had access to files, now have access. What can we do now ? Why this permision had changed ?

Thanks for help.
    Mike.

does you allow all your domains?

It seems an ADS issue....

Run the latest open-e version. That could help.. NAS should just pickup permissions...

Try to "allow" domains...

if it didn't work, try to import your users one more time

Unhappy ADS permissions messed up

I am facing exactly the same ADS issue as reported by Gofer200.

It is a pretty serious problem.
    I have been trying out the latest trial version for the last one month.
    I have tried over and over again and again and my share permissions get all messed up.
    Groups to which access was not given suddenly get access while those that were given access are removed from the ACL.
    This happens suddenly and automagically and makes the DSS completely unreliable on the domain.

I have reinstalled over half a dozen times and the problem continues.

My Windows domain servers are working perfectly and the issues seems to be only DSS specific.

I cannot deploy use the DSS unless the share permissions are persistent and foolproof.

Someone please help.

Thanks

- MRH

Are you connecting to the Master Domain? Also check that you have the DNS IP for the ADS server in the DSS GUI in SETUP -> network -> Function: DNS settings.

Check to see if you have administrator in the CONFIGURATION -> NAS settings -> Function: SMB settings.

You can try to reset the ACL's from the Console > Enter CTRL + ALT + X then select " Reset ACLs of files and directories"
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Hello,

It seems there is some corruption in the ID's.

Can you change the authentication methode from the GUI to LDAP (Configuration-> NAS settings) then reset the ACL from the console (CTRL + ALT + X then select " Reset ACLs of files and directories"). After that, go back to the NAS settings and switch back to ADS and check "erase TDB" box.