*** Please ignore me I just reread the post and noticed you already have the AN05 firmware ***

We have just started getting an error that I wonder if it is related.
The scenario is a we have a single Adaptec 5405 card in a Intel SSR212MC2, which has the onboard controller disabled, and 12x Seagate ES.2 1TB drives installed.
This is a bad issue, basically its the HDD's, you need a special firmware called AN05. Seagate have handled this very badly in my opinion I have spoken to thier support on live chat several times and they flat out denied an AN05 firmware existed. I manged to get SN05 out of them (my drives wree on SN04) but after pressing I managed to get AN05, you can get the download links from adatec now here http://ask.adaptec.com/scripts/adapt...i=&p_topview=1. Apparently the ES.2s don't like the Intel IOP used on alot of SAS raid cards, (this includes other makes as well if you check thier drive THOL lists you will see they are listing AN05 firmware as a requirement). Also there is a 4 page thread over on the Seagate forums regarding this issues which is how I found out about it. Alos btw the ES.2 drives aren't on Intel's THOL for the SSR212MC2 so don't ask them for any help as they will just tell you to foxtrot oscar!