Visit Open-E website

Thread: How to upgrade DSS Lite to more than 1GB

Default How to upgrade DSS Lite to more than 1GB

Is there the possibility to upgrade a running instance of DSS Lite to support more than 1GB? We have almost reached the 1GB limit and just want to add some hdds.

Thanks,
    Matthias.

You know, I had the same issue recently. I asked the same question you did; I needed more space. The response was that they don't offer any size upgrades on DSS Lite right now. So, to save time and any inconvenience, I just went ahead and purchased a 4TB module. Now, I have more space than I know what to do with.

Asaph

And how did you save your configuration?
    We have DSS Lite running on a 1GB USB DOM. Did you just replaced the DOM and DSS found the proper HDD configuration?

Thanks,
    Matthias.

I think the configuration can be transfered by save and restore to DSS 4TB, but it have to test....

Quote Originally Posted by Andy.Yang
    I think the configuration can be transfered by save and restore to DSS 4TB, but it have to test....
    Has anyone done this? My situation is this:

I have no budget to move forward on this until next year. But, I need to get at least the 1TB version working now. So, I plan on doing that, then upgrading to the 4TB version when the money becomes available in January. Is this possible???

Default How to upgrade DSS Lite to more than 1GB

You can easily transition from DSS Lite to a 4TB DSS DOM. Just make sure you save your configuration settings ahead of time to a separate location.

Check the download box on the Maintenance, Miscellaneous tab at the Save Settings window. Check the Configuration box above to save these settings, and hit apply.

When you get your 4TB version, you can come back to this screen to restore your settings.

Asaph