Hi,

I've got a problem when I want to mount my NAS. Let me give you a brief overview of the situation.
I've got a NAS-XSR Enterprise as NAS, a Blade server running Fedora Core 5 on which the NAS used to be mounted. And I've got several testsystems (Windows, Linux).

Normally the link between NAS and server was fine, but since a couple of weeks I'm unable to mount it. The automount isn't working, manually mounting neither. I've tried to mount the system from the Blade server, and another Linux teststystem (automount and manual), both failed. I get the following error: "RPC: Program not registered", which, accordingly to my research, has to do with a problem on the NAS side.

Some facts:
- Pinging the NAS works from all systems.
- The shares on the NAS can be accessed from a Windows environment.
- Restarting server or NAS didn't solve the problem.

After reading some topics on this forum I checked the NAS with rpcinfo. This is the output:

user:~$ rpcinfo -p serverip
program vers proto port
100000 3 tcp 111 portmapper
100000 2 udp 111 portmapper
user:~$
Well, that's not right

What can I do to try to fix this?

I got some additional info from the 'critical_errors.log' which might be usefull, but I'm not sure.

Dec 1 14:38:57 nas kernel: hdd: packet command error: status=0x51 { DriveReady SeekComplete Error }
Dec 1 14:38:57 nas kernel: hdd: packet command error: error=0x54 { AbortedCommand LastFailedSense=0x05 }
Dec 1 14:38:57 nas kernel: ide: failed opcode was: unknown
I hope someone has some suggestions to fix my system. Thnx!

- Tom