Hi,

Is it possible to setup Asynchronous volume replication between a master and one or more slave nodes?

I have a situation where we have an existing backup system and we are using open-e to host a 4TB NFS export, which we use as a target for an rsync based backup and versioning system, very similar to rsnapshot. We use hardlinking for our versioning system, as not to duplicate files on disk.

However when it comes to replication using file based replication within DSS I believe that we will lose the hardlinking? Which would mean around a x10 increase in storage requirements at the destination, and ~ x10,000 or so increase in network traffic. Am I wrong?

So this leads me to believe that our only option is volume replication, which is fine, however we need it to ideally be asynchronous, and to be able to have two slave nodes if possible. Both slave nodes being on the end of wan links. One of the wan links being very good, about 30mpbs at a distance of 1km. and the other wan link being very bad, about 2-4mbps on the other side of the world.

Is this possible with Open-e?

Any thoughts?

Cheers

Stephen