Scenario. I have a DSS on an internal server serving files to users. I setup another internal server with DSS to test file replication (rsync). File replication worked fine. I rent a server in a data centre, install DSS and fully setup shares etc etc. On the internal DSS, I can setup the replication job and choose the share from the remote DSS with no problem. Every time I run the replication job it fails with destination does not exist. I check the firewall that is protecting the internal DSS and there are no errors or requests from the external DSS being blocked. I browse the forums and see mention of needing to open a tcp port from the outside to the internal address of the DSS which I do but this doesn't make any difference. Hard to understand why this would needed anyway since replication is being intiated from the internal DSS which can make any outbound connections that it likes. I also use rsync quite a bit to make a copy of internal server files on remote rync servers with no problem at all. What is special about the way that rsync works on DSS that causes this to fail? Please, please can anyone help? I have checked and double checked every setting and can see no issues and as mentioned, when done between two servers within the same network, it also works fine. Many, many thanks

Before you point out how very insecure this arrangement is, I have restricted access to specific IPs and turned off all unnecessary protocols etc.