Greetings,
I am trying to setup a reliable backup scenerio with the backup server and the NAS.
The documentation sites examples of setting up a 1% snapshot that is meant for nightly backups.

I set the snapshot for 19:00 to 18:55 every night, which should be ample time to pull the data before the mount goes stale. I have a cron job that umounts the share at the time of snapshot expiration and remounts when it is created.
from fstab:
Code:
###
## Backups
###
nibbler-dmz:/snapshot/008/nas   /nibbler/nas  nfs  rw,rsize=32768,wsize=32768,timeo=14,intr,soft
I see the data and the amanda checks look promising. Even during the backup I see that it seems to be pulling data to holding disk and then to tape. However, when I get the backup report it is filled (12 megs) of errors about stale nfs mounts.
for example:
Code:
? gtar: ./public/kde/kdelibs-apidocs-3.5.2-0.1.fc5.i386.rpm: Warning: Cannot stat: Stale NFS file handle
? gtar: ./public/kde/kdelibs-devel-3.5.2-0.1.fc5.i386.rpm: Warning: Cannot stat: Stale NFS file handle
? gtar: ./public/kde/kdemultimedia-3.5.2-0.1.fc5.i386.rpm: Warning: Cannot stat: Stale NFS file handle
? gtar: ./public/kde/kdemultimedia-devel-3.5.2-0.1.fc5.i386.rpm: Warning: Cannot stat: Stale NFS file handle
? gtar: ./public/kde/kdenetwork-3.5.2-0.1.fc5.i386.rpm: Warning: Cannot stat: Stale NFS file handle
? gtar: ./public/kde/kdenetwork-devel-3.5.2-0.1.fc5.i386.rpm: Warning: Cannot stat: Stale NFS file handle
? gtar: ./public/kde/kdepim-3.5.2-0.1.fc5.i386.rpm: Warning: Cannot stat: Stale NFS file handle
I don't think I am doing this right. Could it be that the snapshot backup method is not meant to be used like this? Perhaps I need to make a normal nfs mount to the shared directories and pull the data?

Does anyone have some thoughts or ideas I could try?

Best regards,