I have a few of the iscsi modules, the latest one just lost its volume after an unexpected power loss.

I rebooted it a few times, having found with the others I have that sometimes the HWraid doesn't mount perfectly the first time.

In the end I unwisely did an LVM restore - which seems to have been from before I actually created the main volume. Thats all I did, I didn't know what else to do - and now I look like I lost it all. Are there any recovery tools that can scan the thing.

I use an MD0 - a software raid0 of 2 hw raid6 - because we were trying to make it handle multiple file reading best. After the power cut (first look at the system) the IP of the machine and the MD0 volume were looking normal and healthy, but no LV Group existed.

Assuming I made a big mistake, what should I have done. Can anything be done to recover the LVM. All the system appears to have is an incorrect LVM setting from the backup.

At the time of restoring the LVM I got messages about something being left hanging. Didn't make a note of it. Assuming this is the file corruption of the settings.

Thanks for any advice - The server was only put together late last year.

Sangye