Visit Open-E website

Thread: Quick question re: CSV in Windows 2008 R2

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Quick question re: CSV in Windows 2008 R2

Hi,

Quick question... I have the latest version of DSS V6 installed, which supports CSV in R2, however, I cannot get it to work, do I need to clear some sort of cache or re-create my iSCSi volumes to get this feature to work (I upgraded, as opposed to a clean install).

Many thanks

Hi

I've the DSS v6 up'n'running with Windows Server 2008 R2 including CSV (and Hyper-V). May you will check this guide: http://www.server-talk.eu/2009/10/15...s-mit-hyper-v/

What error did you get? Did the Cluster Validator passed the storage check?

Cheers
    Michel

Hi Michel,

The errors haven't changed since the initisl release of DSS V6, it still fails the descriptor. Thank you for the link, unfortunately I am unable to read it!

In addition, it looks like you did all of that on a clean build? The problem I have is that I have upgraded, I think there is something I have to do on the Open-E units to upgrade the config of the iSCSI volumes? Although, I did try creating a new iSCSI volume and this made no difference!

Has anybody else had this issue?

Sorry for the German article... You're right, I configured the server with blank disks and serveral stoage systems...

Anyway, do you use the new build? 6.0up10.8401.3719

Cheers
    Michel

No worries!

I'm using the latest build I can see on the site - 6.0up10_b3719. This is for DSS V6 (not the lite version).

I'll raise a support call I think as I need this issue resolved soon, I was hoping it would be something simple!

Thanks for your help so far Michel