Visit Open-E website
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: DSS Version 7

Default Upgrade license keys?

I have an active basic support subscription which entitles me to a free upgrade from DSS V6 to DSS V7.
    How do I get the new license key?

Han.

Sorry, but you can't upgrade. But to be more sure you can contact our sales team to get some more details. As this process depend on multi things. So the best is to contact the sales person and you may asked about your system license key, serial number, and some other details.

Quote Originally Posted by Al-S View Post
    Sorry, but you can't upgrade. But to be more sure you can contact our sales team to get some more details. As this process depend on multi things. So the best is to contact the sales person and you may asked about your system license key, serial number, and some other details.
    According to this page http://www.open-e.com/support-policy/ I am entitled to 'Product Updates'
    Plus in the industry it is common that someone with an active support subscription is entitled to the latest version.

Han.

Yes you can update for free, but not upgrade.
    Please let me explain it, as the upgrade is used to mention moving from a version to another version,
    while the update is to move from build to a newer build within the same version.

For example: moving from V5 to V6 or to V7 is an upgrade.
    And moving from V6 using old build to newer build is an update.

Default DSS v7 Free = No Fiber Channel Target?

I've been playing with the free version of Open-E v6 on and off for a couple of years, trying to come up with a stable FC Target system in my lab that I might then move into more of a production environment. So far, v6 hasn't been stable enough for me to try a larger install, and it looks now like you dont have any FC target support unless I buy the full product first before my proof of concept.

Is that accurate?

If so, I'd ask that you reconsider.. Having a 2tb limit on the lite version, and maybe a 2gbit FC speed might be an appropriate set of limitations to insure it's not used in a production environment, while allowing us to test in a small test lab environment.
    Any real "production" FC implemenation is going to be AT LEAST 4gb speed, if not 8gb.

-Steve

Pi-L Guest

Trial version of DSS is made for testing purposes. It will run for 60 days without any limitations. If 60 days is not enough for you though, please contact our support team as they are able to extend your trial time remotely for testing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerky_san View Post
    Did you guys fix it to where on a Hyper-v failover box if you fail over to the other node you don't lose connectivity?
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanLeyne View Post
    I think you will also find that Windows Server 2012 has had improvements in failover tolerance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gr-R View Post
    Indeed. From what I can tell the problem is around the persistent connections, with some of the connection information stored in RAM.
    We will have this worked out in next major release of DSS V7. Expect around second half of August.
    I've been running some tests with Server 2012 RTM Hyper-V and DSS7. Unfortunately whatever the alleged improvements for failover tolerance in Windows are, I'm still seeing blue screens on the guests when I initiate a failover.

Is the next release of v7 still on track to fix this issue in the second half of August??

Thanks,

Tim

Please refer to this link for more information on Hyper-V. Developers need to complete it with DSS V6 first. Thread below provides more information about this development.

http://forum.open-e.com/showthread.p...nt-Reservation
    All the best,

Todd Maxwell

Follow the red "E"
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Hallo, can I install V7 as virtual on Hyper-V MS Server 2012? A'm trying to do that, but installation stopt at 17%. There is no problem with V6 on the same machine.

Thank you for sending us the ticket so we will investigate it, and once we find the root issue your system is facing, we will post it as well